× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error message

Devs2008
Aspirant

Error message

After updating my windows 10 I kbow get a error message when saving to my readynas ( DS file ignored ) does any one know how to fix this
Message 1 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Devs2008,

We may need more info about this issue you raised. 

• Where and how do you see and get the error message? Please post a screenshot
  • What is the model number of your NAS?
  • What is the current firmware version?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

thank you for the reply have added the error message below 

i get this message saving a documet to my readyns which model number 102 firmware version 6.5.2 

20160930_191828.jpg

Message 3 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

should also have added i am running window 10 

Message 4 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Devs2008,

I'm sorry but how exactly do you get this? I mean how do you save a document? Is it when accessing the NAS via SMB? I am asking because the background of the error message is black that seems to be a command prompt. If you can post the wole screen, please do, just cover the important ones that you do not want to be viewed by others. (Or PM me the screenshot)

What's the Windows version of this computer prior to the upgrade, by the way?

Regards,

Message 5 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

thank you for the reply, apologies i am not good with PC. I create clipart images which i create on my laptop save onto my readynas so i can use these on another computer which is connect to the readynas. the message flaggs up in the bottom of the screen when i have saved the image. this has only started resently when windows 10 did so upgrades. the screen shot is the whole of the message if i clip on it it opens the location on the readynas were the image is saved.  hope this helps 

Message 6 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Those files are created by Mac machines, so I assume you have used a Mac to access those directories at some point?

Do you still see this on ReadyNAS OS 6.6.0?

Message 7 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

thank you for the reply, i  am using a windows PC not a mac, i have checked for updates and it is saying i have the latest firmware 6.5.2 

Message 8 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Devs2008,

.ds_store is an Apple or Mac OS file. You may have gotten it from a disk that was used on a Mac or a Mac computer connected and saved this to the NAS. I believe this won't cause a problem.

About upgrading firmware, it can done manually if that does not detect the latest 6.6.0. You may download the 6.6.0 firmware from this article.

Regards,

Message 9 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

thank you have updates to the latest firmware, but still the problem is ther i know its not causing a problem its just realy off putting with this message keeps popping up and a sound playing 

Message 10 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Devs2008,

I checked on Google what this .ds_store is and it does seem to be okay to delete it. But I suggest you check too for you to have an idea and perhaps you will know if you still need this file. Probably the Windows OS does not accept this file because it does not recognize it. Did you have a Mac computer access this NAS before?

Regards,

Message 11 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

no i haven't used a  mac pc on this system, could you send the link about deleting the files please 

Message 12 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Devs2008,

When you click the error it opens the location where the file is saved, right? Can you try moving it from that location to anywhere on the computer? In that way you can always put it back in case needed.

Regards,

Message 13 of 15
Devs2008
Aspirant

yes that's correct clickinhg on the error message opens its location on the readynas. If i move the files how would i view this on my other computer which doesnt give the same message when saving this is also runnnig windows 10 

Message 14 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Oops. wrong thread.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements