× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fan speed reading incorrectly after 6.6.0 update

AndreasK123
Guide

Fan speed reading incorrectly after 6.6.0 update

Hi All,

After updating from 6.5.0 to 6.6.0, the fan speed is being detected incorrectly (eg 9000 - 13,000 rpm) causing the fan to run extremely slowly (lowest voltage?) and my unit to shut down once due to the HDD overheating.

I can confirm that the fan is spinning but very slowly in reality and the 3 different fan speed settings don't seem to change the detected RPM very much at all. 

Currently with the unit running (turning it off soon) one of the HDD is sitting @ 52c, which is much too hot for my comfort and close to the shutdown temp of 60c.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

readyNAS fan.pngreadyNAS fan2.png

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Fan speed reading incorrectly after 6.6.0 update

Hi AndreasK123,

Welcome to the community.

Might be best to have your device be checked by support to rule out hardware issue. Escalation might be needed to check the fans on the back-end as well.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
AndreasK123
Guide

Hi and thanks for the reply, 

That can be done if neccessary however it was running perfectly fine up until the firmware update and then wasn't after the firmware update and reboot. This would indicate a software issue, no?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 3 of 8
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Don't see the issue and there is not anyone report the issue,

Cloud do you please update to 6.6.1 Beta FW and check if issue happen again?

6.6.1 Beta 2

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-6-1-T207-Beta-2-UPS-communicatio...

Message 4 of 8
AndreasK123
Guide

Hi Evan, I updated the FW and the issue still exists. 

Message 5 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AndreasK123,

Thanks for informing us. As per confirmation, we have not received reports about the fans on 6.6.0. Kindly try contact our support group for the hardware check.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AndreasK123,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
AndreasK123
Guide

Hi FramerV,

Still having the issue, i'll get the hardware checked.

feel free to close this topic....

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements