× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fibre Attach ReadyNAS 4312 directly to Mac Pro

sassafrasdh
Follower

Fibre Attach ReadyNAS 4312 directly to Mac Pro

Hi All,

It's my first post here, so apologies if I've either covered something that's already been discussed. 

We've recently aquired a small studio, which has some fairly demanding stprage requirements. Unfortunately, we don't have a huge budget to change things, however we believe the ReadyNAS will be a good fit. That said, the existing setup is quite convuluted, and we need to make sure the changes we make match up. Currently 4 hosts connect directly to a Mac Pro via Cat 6A-to-Thunderbolt converters. The Mac Pro then speaks to a storage array via a multi-port fibre HBA (direct connect). The throughput is not true 10G, but the IOPS currently achieved is multi gigabit. We really want to move away from using the existing array, but we'd like a more robust solution going forward. 

Finally the question:

Can we connect a fibre cable from the Netgear ReadyNAS directly to the fibre HBA in the Mac Pro (similar to the existing setup)? My understanding is no, but I wanted to confirm. 

I'm not overly keen on the idea of using iSCSI, but this is something we may need to look into. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Dean

Model: ReadyNAS-4200v2|ReadyNAS 4200v2
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements