× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

File sharing - WINDOWS 10 - ReadyNAS no longer connecting

Mudge00
Follower

File sharing - WINDOWS 10 - ReadyNAS no longer connecting

Hi,

Please can you provide some simple advice.

Following installation of Windows 10 Creator Fall recently I am unable to see my ReadyNAS NV+ share drive in file explorer.

I can connect via ReadyNAS FrontView but so far am unable to get in and map my drives

Using RAIDiator 4.1.16 [1.00a043] 

Model: ReadyNASRNDU4000|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: File sharing - WINDOWS 10 - ReadyNAS no longer connecting

Hi Mudge00,

ReadyNAS NV+ uses SMB1 as the Windows file sharing protocol. Microsoft has disabled SMB1 by default. You may enable it by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > check or uncheck the box for "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". 

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: File sharing - WINDOWS 10 - ReadyNAS no longer connecting

Hi Mudge00,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements