× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Folders / files disappearing, unable to see on another Mac RN31400 – ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay

macollins
Aspirant

Folders / files disappearing, unable to see on another Mac RN31400 – ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay

I've been using my ReadyNas for over two years now with no issues, within the last 6 months it has begun to make files "disappear" until the entire drive is rebooted (this involves saving and closing all documents that are connected to the drive, quitting all programmes, relaunching the finder window, ejecting the drive itself, disconnecting myself then re-entering my log-in details. Pretty tedious when you have to do this three times a day)

We have 5 people working off the ReadyNas, if someone creates a folder on their computer and asks me to access a file within that folder I follow the chain of folders to its location and can see the folder. Once I click on the folder is automatically disappears. This folder can be seen on others computers but not mine until the drive is ejected and rebooted. This happens to all five of us when someone creates a new folder / saves down a new file. 

Any suggestions, tips or thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

Model: ReadyNas 314

RN31400 – ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)

Thanks, 

Melissa

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 8
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: Folders / files disappearing, unable to see on another Mac RN31400 – ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay

Are you using SMB or AFP?
Message 2 of 8
macollins
Aspirant

We are using SMB.

Melissa

Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which version of OS6 are you running?

Which version of Mac OS X are you running?

Message 4 of 8
macollins
Aspirant

We are running OS6.2.4

My Mac is currently running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's a very old version of OS6 released close to 2 years ago.

If you update the firmware on the unit do you still have this problem? Please see ReadyNAS OS 6: Firmware Upgrade Guide and Tips

Message 6 of 8
macollins
Aspirant

The online system hasn't offered us an update and when we click "check for updates" it loads a spinning wheel for a second and then just stops. 

Thanks for the link, is there a way to force an update?

We also have the APP Egnyte storage sync for Netgear installed, we have previously had problems with another ReadyNas when updating firmware, it stopped the syncing to Egnyte, Netgear agreed to reinstall the old firmware until Egnytes systems were able to catch up. Not sure if this is useful information. 

Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Check your network settings. You might not have specified DNS server addresses. If you're running firmware older than 6.6.1 you should be prompted to update the firmware when you open the web admin page.

You can do a local update but updating ELC properly would require internet connectivity.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements