× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

General SA/FP question for DUO

NASNoob11
Aspirant

General SA/FP question for DUO

For the past many years I have used a V1-Duo to store my home LAN files and to store the monthly WinBackups of my clients. I have never created any 'User' or 'Group' in my Duo's logic. Yes, I did change the default 'admin' password. Happily, all my WinClient PCs freely exchange files to this V1-Duo. Fine.

Now, I have a new V2-Duo which I plan to use as the BackUP target for my V1-Duo using Rsync. Will this plan require me to now create some special 'User' to enable these 2 Duo's to correctly 'Rsync' with each other?
Message 1 of 2
NASNoob11
Aspirant

Re: General SA/FP question for DUO

NASNoob wrote:
For the past many years I have used a V1-Duo to store my home LAN files and to store the monthly WinBackups of my clients. I have never created any 'User' or 'Group' in my Duo's logic. Yes, I did change the default 'admin' password. Happily, all my WinClient PCs freely exchange files to this V1-Duo. Fine.

Now, I have a new V2-Duo which I plan to use as the BackUP target for my V1-Duo using Rsync. Will this plan require me to now create some special 'User' to enable these 2 Duo's to correctly 'Rsync' with each other?

Sorry to BUMP!
But I remain confused about a need to create a unique 'User' on my NAS's to allow them to communicate between themselves. They currently do not.
Please disregard the 'Rsync' reference. I now know that the DUO-V-2 will not do Rsync, yet! I will settle for 'Timestamp.' ATM, my DUO-V2's share are locked to any of my LAN clients. I get the red-X failure from XP when trying to open shares from Net Neighborhood. And this even though Dashboard tells me that 'everyone' has read/write access using RAIDiator 5.3.4. For now, patience and reading the forums prevail. I am stuck and just can not backup my DUO-V1 to my new DUO-V2. Yes, I am frustrated by the complex logic in Dashboard and Frontview.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements