× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Got this error today "Remove inactive Volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4" on my rea

kenzok2002
Aspirant

Got this error today "Remove inactive Volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4" on my readnas314

Readynas was acting up this AM and would not allow me to log into the admin console although I could see all shares in windows including internal, USB & Esata.  I powered off and rebooted and get this error and my internal shares are not accessable.  What does this mean.  I have my backups for everything...

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Got this error today "Remove inactive Volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4" on my rea

This is a generic error for when the data volume can't be mounted.

Can you send me your logs (see the sending logs link in my sig)?

Have you tried booting into volume read-only mode?

Message 2 of 10
kenzok2002
Aspirant

Logs are on their way

how do i boot into volume read only mode?

Message 3 of 10
kenzok2002
Aspirant

Booted to read only and while my Esata and USB shares are accesable my internal ones are not.  I have USB and Amazon backups

Message 4 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Were those logs from read-only mode or normal mode?

If you have a backup then you should destroy the volume, create a new one (preferably with the same name) and restore your data from backup.

If not, contact support.

Message 5 of 10
kenzok2002
Aspirant

Logs were from normal mode.

Before I destroy was there anything in the logs to show what cased the issue?

Message 6 of 10
kenzok2002
Aspirant

OK I destroyed the volume and tried to create a new volume and the new volume button stays white and never gives me the option to create one.  I even tried powering down completely and putting in a new disk.  Do I have defective hardware?

Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Perhaps backup the data on the EDA volume and then do a factory reset (wipes all data, settings, everything).

You did set this unit up back on 6.0.8 which is very old firmware.

Message 8 of 10
jjmasteril
Aspirant

I just recieved the same error.  Did you find a resolution to the issue(s)?

Message 9 of 10
kenzok2002
Aspirant

No I had to do a factory reset.. fortunately I had fresh backups on USB and Amazon

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements