× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

*HELP* updated my readynas 102 to firmware 6.4.0 today and System Clock is wrong

human102
Guide

*HELP* updated my readynas 102 to firmware 6.4.0 today and System Clock is wrong

My system clock defaults to 1969 after updating to 6.4.0 When changing date back to today's date hitting the apply button resets to 1969 again. Oh no... Now what?

Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Re: *HELP* updated my readynas 102 to firmware 6.4.0 today and System Clock is wrong

Is your NAS connected to your router (and able to access the internet)?  What time servers do you see if you click on the settings wheel next to the time on the home page?

You could try changing the first server name to "0.pool.ntp.org" and see if that changes the symptoms.

Message 2 of 10
joalmoju
Aspirant

Re: *HELP* updated my readynas 102 to firmware 6.4.0 today and System Clock is wrong

I have the same problem, did you solved it?

it start on 1970 year, if I try to change it manually When it reach 1982 it return to 1970... Weird

Message 3 of 10
gclyn
Aspirant

Same thing...when I try to change time and hit apply, the change does not work and defaults back to December 1969...the boxes for the time servers are blank, when I input them in and hit apply...no change, they stay blank

Message 4 of 10
gclyn
Aspirant

There must be a bug, I cannot even change the server name...when I try and hit apply, nothing happens

Message 5 of 10
joalmoju
Aspirant

I solved the problem. I added the DNS on network settings (It was deleted) and it synced again.

Message 6 of 10
gclyn
Aspirant

My DNS is there....still unable to change date and time
Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@gclyn wrote:
My DNS is there....still unable to change date and time

What time server are you using?

Message 8 of 10
gclyn
Aspirant

It's blank....when I try to put a server in, then hit apply, it does not save the change. If I go manual, same thing, it will not apply my change
Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps contact support.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements