× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Helpful info needed when posting an issue

Han_Solo
Tutor

Helpful info needed when posting an issue

When looking for help on a certain issue giving some additional info can be very helpful in everyone understanding your issue more clearly. Whenever possible please provide information as described below. This will not only help us but all the other users in understanding your issue better. You don’t always have to give this much info for every question but if you have a problem and something is not working correctly giving as much detailed info as possible is very helpful. 🙂

Product:
RAIDiator Version:
RAID Info:
Hard Disk Brand, Model & Capacity:
ReadyNAS Security Mode:
No. Hard Disk currently installed:
Network Router/Switch Info:
Brief Summary/How to reproduce your issue: In the summary please describe all steps on how to reproduce your issue. Include things like all hardware used, network setup, software used (plus rev) and any other piece of info that can help.
Message 1 of 3
igor1
Aspirant

Re: Helpful info needed when posting an issue

When looking for help on a certain issue giving some additional info can be very helpful in everyone understanding your issue more clearly. Whenever possible please provide information as described below. This will not only help us but all the other users in understanding your issue better. You don’t always have to give this much info for every question but if you have a problem and something is not working correctly giving as much detailed info as possible is very helpful.

Product:
RAIDiator Version:
RAID Info:
Hard Disk Brand, Model & Capacity:
ReadyNAS Security Mode:
No. Hard Disk currently installed:
Network Router/Switch Info:
Brief Summary/How to reproduce your issue: In the summary please describe all steps on how to reproduce your issue. Include things like all hardware used, network setup, software used (plus rev) and any other piece of info that can help.

to be short there are more ready nas users so there are more problems.

first I think Han Solo is right but maybe the Jedys can be more general.

first State your problem. Clearly. Like, I like to do this but I can't because.
So tell what you wand, and why.
And why it will not work.
This gives people reading. An Idea and can say but if you do it this way it's faster and works the same or better.

So now we know the problem, I do hope!.

next are the facts.
say I work with "ready NAS NV,DUO,PRO, ETC" version and OS "OSX' OS9,XP VIsta, UBUNTU" and version.
I did use "Finder, photo shop, I photo, or backup, or program (X)."
I did this and expected it to do this but it did this, and expected to do that.
(maybe some people can tell you this happened because?)

Second, to much information does not help.
posting multiple pages of log, will only help if some body asks' for the info, and mostly its in a personal mail, it has no info for the forward

Third, the specs of you drives and routers and so on. can be very important. but just in performance and not If you can get the connection just fine.

Forth. first read the forums, and think.
If you ask a question that is been answered multiple times, the chance on being answered again is getting smaller.

maybe the jedys can ad more.

the first part was the Helpful info needed when posting an issue of han Solo "jedi Council"
Message 2 of 3
mgarvey
Aspirant

Mac HD Died and hads to clean install. Cant connect to NAS D

Mac HD Died and hads to clean install. Can't now connect to NAS Duo. Got any ideas? Thanks

Hostname: nas-77-88-DE
Model: ReadyNAS Duo [X-RAID]
Serial: 24M39B7F01D4C
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.8 [1.00a043]
Memory: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]
IPv4 address:: 192.168.1.68
Volume C: Online, X-RAID, 2 disks, 41% of 925 GB used
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos