× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

High ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chasis Temperature

sdchew
Aspirant

High ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chasis Temperature

I have a fully loaded (all 6 bays used) ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus which is located in a corner of my room. As the room does not have air conditioning, the typical chasis temperature is >60C and is often borderline to the monitoring range (0 - 65C). 

However, on a hot day or when RAID scrubbing is running, I often get alert messages telling me the chassis temperature has been exceeded by 1 or 2 C. Interestingly, the hard drives are still reporting a nice 38-42 C and the CPU temp is a comfortable 45C.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to address this problem? 

Much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: High ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chasis Temperature

Don't scrub in the summer time?? Smiley Surprised

It's not unusual for temp-sys to be around 60C.  My pro-6 has cooler disks than yours (currently 30-33C) and the CPU temp is 29C.  But temp-sys is at 58C.

Perhaps try scrubbing again, and monitor the disks temps while its going on.  Also if the unit is under warranty, you might contact support. It could be a marginal fan.

Message 2 of 3
sdchew
Aspirant

Re: High ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chasis Temperature

Actually I have already tried replacing the fan with Noctua P12 and marginal improvement.

I'm wondering if I reverse the direction of the CPU fan (exhaust instead of intake) would it help in anyway.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements