× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How long does it take for deleted shares to disappear from being advertised as SMB shares?

ITsomething
Aspirant

How long does it take for deleted shares to disappear from being advertised as SMB shares?

Hello everyone,

I am using the Ready NAS Duov2.  It is connected to our Active Directory via LDAP.  I have used the web administration interface to delete a few folders that are not needed.  They no longer appear in the web console, but they are still being advertised in the SMB based Windows Explorer view when I browse to the root of the share.  It has been about 10 minutes since I have deleted these folders, yet they still appear.  Note that I cannot open them any more, so that at least makes some sense.  Also note that even though most of the folders didnt actually contain any data, the first one I deleted did.  It actually had a lot of data (that I no longer need).  Do I just need to be patient and wait while the NAS is doing something behind the scenes, or is this some sort of known bug?

Thanks for the info.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ITsomething
Aspirant

Re: How long does it take for deleted shares to disappear from being advertised as SMB shares?

It looks like it does take time FYI.  When I checked this morning, all of the deleted shares were no longer being advertised on the network.  Keep in mind I was checking this throughout the work day, and it took at least 7 hours for this to happen, maybe longer as I was not checking over night.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ITsomething,

Does the NAS still show the deleted folders when NAS is not integrated to AD?

What's the current FW of your NAS?

Have you tried deleting the folders via SMB/CIFS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
ITsomething
Aspirant

It looks like it does take time FYI.  When I checked this morning, all of the deleted shares were no longer being advertised on the network.  Keep in mind I was checking this throughout the work day, and it took at least 7 hours for this to happen, maybe longer as I was not checking over night.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements