× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to list devices and format from the command line ?

kevman1
Aspirant

How to list devices and format from the command line ?

Hi,

IS there a CLI reference guide or a procedure to list devices and format devices from the command line as well as create volumes ? I am getting failures from the GUI with no specific errors or log messages, just says that volume creation failed. 

Setup is the following

Flex-Raid with 3x160GB RAID5 devices in Bay 1-3 and an SSD rive in Bay 4, I want to create a new volume on the SSD drive. I should be able to do this with Flex-RAID from what I understand. 

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
kevman1
Aspirant

Re: How to list devices and format from the command line ?

I was able to resolve this. I ended up rebooting the NAS and the volume was recognized and usable.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You should be able to create the volume on the SSD if it is unformatted.

Message 2 of 6
kevman1
Aspirant

Thanks, that is sort of what I did. I hit the format option once the SSD was installed and once that completes I create the volume and that fails with the error "please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk"

Any thoughts? Is my sequence of events correct ? I'm on the latest version of code.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Are you reusing a volume name you used in the past?

Message 4 of 6
kevman1
Aspirant

Yes, what I did was put use Gpart to remove all old existing partitions then put it into the NAS. I hit format and then once that is complete, I create a new volume. As soon as that is done, it give me the error about the volume. it is as if the volume that it just created is the one that it is complaining about.

Message 5 of 6
kevman1
Aspirant

I was able to resolve this. I ended up rebooting the NAS and the volume was recognized and usable.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements