× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I keep getting this alert Backup button job is in progress

scottglewis
Aspirant

I keep getting this alert Backup button job is in progress

I keep getting this alert Backup button job is in progress. THis started after I upgraded to 6.9.3. How do I turn this off?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @scottglewis

Welcome to the Community!

How frequent does the backup job runs? If you want it to be removed from the Backup job button sequence you just need to click on the gear icon the right part of the backup job and click "exclude from backup job button sequence"

The one on the picture is when you have not added the backup job to the backup button sequence.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 7
scottglewis
Aspirant

I have no backups set up at all. That is why this is confusing.

Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @scottglewis,

Can you send in the logs so we can check?

If you don't have any backups enabled, do you experience other issues aside from this? An OS reinstall might help resolve this but it would be better to check on the logs first.

Regards

Message 4 of 7
TimFromFL
Aspirant

Has this issue been resolved or is there anymore info. This just started happening to me and I'm not sure what caused it. I don't have any backup jobs and Noone has pushed the backup button but I keep getting 10-15 alerts twice a day everyday
Message 5 of 7
scottglewis
Aspirant

It kept making the error until a few weeks ago and after a power failure it now tells me failed to boot from usb and is effectively dead at this time. I'd advise you backup whatever you have on the device. 

Message 6 of 7
TimFromFL
Aspirant

Thanks for the update. I will take your advice to heart since I had a complete failure about 1 year ago that took almost 2 months to recover from.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements