× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I "managed" it to completely mess up my Ready NAS Duos V2 with APT get upgrades ....

scheffe2804
Aspirant

I "managed" it to completely mess up my Ready NAS Duos V2 with APT get upgrades ....

Hi all .. after that masterpice of work from me, i ask my self if there is a possibilty to completely reinstall it to get a cleas NAS again?
The reset thing don´t work .. when pressing reset with the device booting i cannot scroll throught menu with the backup button.

I did a

echo /tmp/RAIDiator-arm-5.3.6 > /.cf_update_in_progress

it worked .. and updated but  .. weill as i said i messed it up and it still is 🙂

So , is there a way to completely reinstall the device . .
I still have SSH access and a backup 😉

Regards Chris

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: I "managed" it to completely mess up my Ready NAS Duos V2 with APT get upgrades ....

zero (or delete the partitions on) the disks, put them into the unit and power it back up.

Both seatools and WDC's lifeguard can zero the disks.  Windows disk manager (right-click computer; select manage) can delete the parititions.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

zero (or delete the partitions on) the disks, put them into the unit and power it back up.

Both seatools and WDC's lifeguard can zero the disks.  Windows disk manager (right-click computer; select manage) can delete the parititions.

Message 2 of 3
scheffe2804
Aspirant

oh well .. that was easy 🙂
It booted, The loaded down the Firmware, starts installing .. again reboot .. thats is 🙂
Vielen Dank, thank you 🙂

chris

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements