× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Infrant ReadyNAS 600-TL now has new life!!

givememynamebak
Luminary

Infrant ReadyNAS 600-TL now has new life!!

All,

ReadyNAS 600-TL from 2005 purchased from Infrant just got some new life.  System had a hard time booting up, would reboot and resync on a continual loop.  I had a single drive that showed signs of overheating.  So I figured it was time to take a look.  I took the machine apart replaced the single drive and cleaned up the vents and fan and duste/blew d out the interior with a can of air.  Much to my surprise, I discovered 6 bulging capacitors.  After some investigation, I found it was from LTec (a not so reputable brand of capacitors).   I replaced those 6 bulging capacitors and machine seems to be back online with no more rebooting!!    Thought I'd share the story with others...   see the before and after pics here:   https://photos.app.goo.gl/uWY5lsFAQdNRGh8Q2

Enjoy,
~Gary

Model: ReadyNAS-600AB|ReadyNAS 600A / 600B
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Nice work!

Message 2 of 3
yp1
Initiate
Initiate

Mine is still humming. It has been 13 years at 24x7 - hard to believe really. I had to oil the drum fan as it became noisy. Also the OS image got corrupt on the CF at some point. It took me a while to locate the image and figure out how to restore it, but I managed it. At some point I wanted to give up, but it became a matter of principle to revive the device as it served me well for so many years. I just felt attached to it 🙂 Yes, it is dead slow, but who cares... I use it for archiving.
Model: ReadyNAS-600AB|ReadyNAS 600A / 600B
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements