× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installing Plex Plug Ins on my 516

nathanhamlet
Aspirant

Installing Plex Plug Ins on my 516

I've found this far more difficult than I thought it'd be.....

I'm trying to install the WebTools Plex plugin on my 516. This is what I've figured out so far

1) I think I need to enable SSH access for root access. I've turned in on in the system -> setting location and installed PuTTy on my laptop. Is there something else I need to do to enable root access?

2) I think I've figured out that the Plex Plugins folder location is: "apps/plexmediaserver/Medialibrary/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins" maybe ".apps/...."? Still not positive here.

3) My file location for the WebToos plugin is "C:\Users\nathanhamlet\Desktop\WebTools.bundle"

Maybe I'm just not getting the code to move folders correctly in PuTTy?  Will I even be able to use WebTools in install other Plex Plug-ins or am I going to have to manually install? Any help would be greatly appricated! Thanks in advance!

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
nathanhamlet
Aspirant

Re: Installing Plex Plug Ins on my 516

Got it! Thanks everything is working.Ended up just copying the folder to the ReadyNAS and using..

cp -r "/data/Documents/HDHRViewerV2.bundle" "/data/.apps/plexmediaserver/MediaLibrary/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/"

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
nathanhamlet
Aspirant

=( Nobody?

Message 2 of 5
Laserbait
Luminary

Sorry, I don't use the plex plugin.   But for SSH and Root access, all you should need to do is enable SSH, then SSH into the NAS, then issue the commend "su" for root access.   The password is the same as the admin password you set.

Message 3 of 5
nathanhamlet
Aspirant

I think I'm almost there. "su" open up root@My Server. Definitly missed that step but when I enter the command below it says "No such file or directory"

Is this command to copy the folder correct?

scp -r C:\Users\nathanhamlet\Desktop\WebTools.bundle root@Hamlet_Home: /.apps/plexmediaserver/Medialibrary/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

Message 4 of 5
nathanhamlet
Aspirant

Got it! Thanks everything is working.Ended up just copying the folder to the ReadyNAS and using..

cp -r "/data/Documents/HDHRViewerV2.bundle" "/data/.apps/plexmediaserver/MediaLibrary/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/"

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements