× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with ReadyNAS Pro2 #26430016

MichalB
Aspirant

Issue with ReadyNAS Pro2 #26430016

Hello,

I have two ReadyNAS Pro2 units, which I bought new in Feb 2013 (both are on single invoice). Now one NAS has stopped working and I had to create MyNETGEAR account and register product to set Online Support Request for RMA (chassis has 5y hw warranty). I discovered I was unable to register faulty NAS (error message claims it was allready registered by support representative), second NAS (which is working well) was registered succesfully. I was able to create Support Request over http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx later, but there was wrong purchase date in form. It was two days ago and I got no reply from Support Service yet. Yesterday, I posted another online request (about problem with registering and wrong purchase date) and also sent e-mail to customer.service@netgear.com. No response again. How long does it take to get response in common? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MichalB
Aspirant

Re: Issue with ReadyNAS Pro2

Hello mdgm,

I started this thread because I needed to know, if it is common to not receive confirmation e-mail after posting Contact NETGEAR Support form or sending e-mail to netgear support address and how long I have to wait.

After I filled support request form for my device, I have been presented with only option - to continue, I had to call Netgear Support to US - I am not US resident and also my English isn't perfect. That's why calling to US wasn't my preferred option, so I wrote an e-mail. I hoped I'll get reply, but I was wrong. I tried to call NETGEAR Support 2 days later, I was finally able to go through IVR after many tries. After I was connected to Support Expert, she told me during a call, that provided case ID doesn't exist in system. Probably case ID I got when posted online request before allready expired. I told her all info I wrote in contact form and then call dropped without any solution. I wasn't able to go through IVR again.

I was able to resolve registration problem later by new online support request for my second NAS. After I provided invoice copy, I was asked to confirm purchase date and I also had to find person who registered my NAS, because internal security policy prohibits Netgear Support to tell name of person who is registered product to (I found it was my colleague, who registered my NAS instead of his own by mistake from Web Management GUI). With all that info and fact, I was only owner of this NAS, it was possible to link S/N to my profile and finally I can continue with service request for RMA.

Thanks.

MichalB

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello MichalB,

Welcome to the community!

Please PM me the serial numbers of the 2 ReadyNAS units, I will check it with the support team.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

MichalB you filled in the Contact Us form. Once you had filled that in you would have been presented with options on how to turn it into a case. As those options were not followed the case is in an unassigned state.

Message 3 of 5
MichalB
Aspirant

Hello mdgm,

I started this thread because I needed to know, if it is common to not receive confirmation e-mail after posting Contact NETGEAR Support form or sending e-mail to netgear support address and how long I have to wait.

After I filled support request form for my device, I have been presented with only option - to continue, I had to call Netgear Support to US - I am not US resident and also my English isn't perfect. That's why calling to US wasn't my preferred option, so I wrote an e-mail. I hoped I'll get reply, but I was wrong. I tried to call NETGEAR Support 2 days later, I was finally able to go through IVR after many tries. After I was connected to Support Expert, she told me during a call, that provided case ID doesn't exist in system. Probably case ID I got when posted online request before allready expired. I told her all info I wrote in contact form and then call dropped without any solution. I wasn't able to go through IVR again.

I was able to resolve registration problem later by new online support request for my second NAS. After I provided invoice copy, I was asked to confirm purchase date and I also had to find person who registered my NAS, because internal security policy prohibits Netgear Support to tell name of person who is registered product to (I found it was my colleague, who registered my NAS instead of his own by mistake from Web Management GUI). With all that info and fact, I was only owner of this NAS, it was possible to link S/N to my profile and finally I can continue with service request for RMA.

Thanks.

MichalB

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issue with ReadyNAS Pro2 #26430016

Yes, if you don't make contact within a day or two it is assumed you were just providing feedback and don't want to open a case and the temporary case created is automatically deleted.

I can see you now have a case open.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements