× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Just upgraded to 6.7.0....

Sandshark
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

I think you will also find that manually uploading apps will also fail (unless that was fixed in 6.7.1).

Edge is giving path+filename to the NAS, and I believe the NAS is only expecting to see filename.

I have seen this behavior on IE and Crome as well, so it appears to lay somewhere in the NAS html code, not in the browser.  But how it only sometimes happens is something I can't put my finger on.  When it has happened to me, I have either changed browser or cleared the browser cache, exited, and re-started.  This goes back at least to 6.4.2, which is where I came onboard with OS6.x on my legacy systems.

I don't think that the problem is exactly that the browser is passing the path plus file name.  It has to so the file can be found.  The problem is that the external path plus file name are being passed to the Linux installation process by the NAS HTML code.  How clearing the cache can affect that, I have no idea.

Message 101 of 102
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:
The problem is that the external path plus file name are being passed to the Linux installation process by the NAS HTML code.  

Yes.  And that seems to be different depending on the browser.

@Sandshark wrote:
I don't think that the problem is exactly that the browser is passing the path plus file name.  It has to so the file can be found. 

Not really. The browser is reading the file to accomplish the upload, not the web server, and the file selection uses the local OS API.   The webserver doesn't need to know the path on the local machine.  And the only reason the NAS needs to know the name at all is because it wants to preserve that name on the NAS.

Message 102 of 102
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements