× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Kernel Panic NV+

keyser1
Aspirant

Kernel Panic NV+

Hello there. For the first time, something happened to one of my NV+ (look at my sig for details, problem happened with one running 4x WD20EARS). After normally turning it on, I tried to connect and couldn't get any connection. I looked at it, and it was saying Kernel Panic 😞

I tried to turn it off with the power button and that didn't work. Tried the little reset hole and still nothing. Finally, I removed the power cord, and it finally turned off. I directly rebooted it, and it started a FS check, which I think was normal after the problem and the power cord removal. After that, it rebooted saying errors were detected and fixed and then, it started a new redundancy process. after 8 hours (more than 4.5To datas), the redundancy was done, and all my datas are there and nothing has been lost -> THANKS X-RAID !!! 😄

Anyway, I still don't know what went wrong and if I have a problem somewhere. I looked at the SMART info for each drives, and everything seems to be ok. I ran 2 memory diagnostic, and it all went fine. I downloaded the full logs, but there are too many informations inside and too many files.

Can anyone point me to the right things I should check/read in these files ? I don't want to miss anything in case I have something defective.

Thanks in advance for any tip/hint/clue 😉
Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Kernel Panic NV+

Hello keyser1,

This sometimes a hardware fault. We always strongly recommend to have full back up of the files. In case you get this problem again, test the chassis with a different clean disk to see if same problem.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements