× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Left hand bay not working on RND2110 V2

ironbut
Aspirant

Left hand bay not working on RND2110 V2

Hi, I have two 1TB drives in a mirror. The left hand one failed (click of death), so I took it out and the NAS is now working with a single drive in the right hand bay.

When I try the good drive in the left bay, BOTH drive LEDs just flash steadily as if no drives found. 

Does this mean the bay is faulty? Because it would be a waste of money purchasing a new drive if it is.

OR does each drive have to stay in the bay it was formatted in?

Thanks for any help.

Will

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Left hand bay not working on RND2110 V2

The system should boot with the remaining drive in either bay (though you do need to move the drive with the NAS powered down). 

You might try disconnecting the NAS power for a few minutes, to make sure any bios state is cleared.  If the NAS still has the same symptoms on power-up, you should look at the status with RAIDar ( https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads ) and see if that shows a "no disks" status when the remaining drive is in slot 1.  If if does, then the slot has likely failed.

What firmware is your NAS running?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The system should boot with the remaining drive in either bay (though you do need to move the drive with the NAS powered down). 

You might try disconnecting the NAS power for a few minutes, to make sure any bios state is cleared.  If the NAS still has the same symptoms on power-up, you should look at the status with RAIDar ( https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads ) and see if that shows a "no disks" status when the remaining drive is in slot 1.  If if does, then the slot has likely failed.

What firmware is your NAS running?

Message 2 of 3
ironbut
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, I didn't check the previous version, but have upgraded the firmware on the offchance it would help, but no joy. 

Looks like a new NAS is in order.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements