× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lossing accessright NV+

Cloudberryman
Aspirant

Lossing accessright NV+

Now and then I make a backup or copy files to a usb stick. I use the backupfacility on Frontview. Now and then I seem to have lost acess right to my data. So I have called the superb supportfunction we havce had in Sweden. Now I cant find the phone number - so here I am. There has been som sort of 'reset' that I made and then as if by magic it worked. I have forgotten which setting it was I changed. I am a PC user and have a setup resembling windows. Any ideas (I am probably on a one year old firmwareversion)

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Lossing accessright NV+

Ok.

Try using frontview, select shares on the left pane, then share listing.

Select the media library share by clicking on the "CIFS" icon in the row.

Then select the "advanced options" tab on the upper right.

You'll find a checkbox with "Set ownership and permission for existing files and folders in this share to the above settings...." next to it.

Check the box, and click apply on the bottom right.  

The checkbox will immediately clear, and the file permissions get reset in the background.  When it completes, there will be browser pop-up and a log entry.

If you are using ReadyDLNA, then also go into "services", selecting "streaming services".  There's a "rescan media" button in the ReadyDLNA section that you should click. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you having trouble accessing the USB backup device?  Or a network share on the RAID array?

Message 2 of 4
Cloudberryman
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for reply, it is the source on my NAS, files in the media library

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Ok.

Try using frontview, select shares on the left pane, then share listing.

Select the media library share by clicking on the "CIFS" icon in the row.

Then select the "advanced options" tab on the upper right.

You'll find a checkbox with "Set ownership and permission for existing files and folders in this share to the above settings...." next to it.

Check the box, and click apply on the bottom right.  

The checkbox will immediately clear, and the file permissions get reset in the background.  When it completes, there will be browser pop-up and a log entry.

If you are using ReadyDLNA, then also go into "services", selecting "streaming services".  There's a "rescan media" button in the ReadyDLNA section that you should click. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements