× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Management Software Offline 6.8.0 update (MacOS house)

cpwpro
Aspirant

Management Software Offline 6.8.0 update (MacOS house)

Hi all

RAIDar is showing management software offline after attempting update to 6.8.0 from 6.7.5. Drives are visible on the network when connecting via SMB to NAS, but I cannot access via web browser (tried 3 types). So far I have restarted using RAIDar, and tried nas_ip/fwbroker to no avail. 4 x 4TB drives, with plenty of space left. RAIDar diagnostic says no errors found and 4 greens on the drives. Firmware remains at 6.7.5. Been through some solutions on here, but we are a totally MacOS based house, so not sure how to proceed with recovery. Do not want to wipe system if at all possible, just recover. Log files downloaded and available if helpful.

Thanks for ANY assistance!

Paul

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Management Software Offline 6.8.0 update (MacOS house)

Hello cpwpro,

Maybe try rebooting the NAS and use another web browser will help.

What apps are installed and running on the NAS?

Also, we always strongly recommend to always have a full backup of your data.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
cpwpro
Aspirant

Hi JennC

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I have rebooted several times without success and tried using Safari, Chrome and Firefox, both over wifi and from another computer with direct LAN access. 

The problem did occur when I addded a shared folder using ResiloSync - but I did no attribute it to this, rather the failed update. The two folders continue to Sync over SMB connection.

Unfortunately, I cannot see if the Amazon Drive backup software is running as I cannot access the interface. It would only be the most recent data I would lose, but still at this stage would like to explore other options before attempting a 4TB download from the cloud!

Thanks for any other thoughts on how to proceed. Is there another way to update the firmware via physical access to the NAS?

Thanks

Paul

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cpwpro,

You need to be using a computer that is on the same network where the NAS is when updating the firmware. It needs to have access to the admin page too. If you are to backup the data, it is best you do it locally and not over the Internet.

Can you grab a copy of the system logs? Please send system logs.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
cpwpro
Aspirant

Hi again JennC

Yes the NAS and computer are on the same network (CAT 6 ethernet). The reason for my intial posting was that I cannot access the admin page as it says the management software is offline. This leaves me in a difficult situation as nothing is being backed up, I cannot update or manage anything on the NAS - all I can do is read and write from a SMB conncetion.

I have uploaded the log files as per the link you sent. Thanks again for you assistance!!

Paul

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you still have this problem?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements