× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Media server solutions on ReadyNAS 104

bizmate
Tutor

Media server solutions on ReadyNAS 104

Short version of my question: What is the best media browsing and streaming solutions on ReadyNas (from a TV)?

I have runs a search on the forum and most support request are about the Plex server when it comes to  Media servers. 

When using version 6.1 of the firmware my LG with WebOS TV was able to connect and maintain a stable connection. 
I will create a separate post for this but in this one I would like to know your opinion on how to best set up the box to be a media server so that I can connect from the TV/other devices and use a easy interface to search, play and organise media files for playing. 

On the apps directory i see the Logitech Media Server and Nero MediaHome. I have installed the Nero one but I still got to test it. I dont want to install Plex as it looks like too much of a manual mainteinance.

Despite my opinion could you please point out to what is the best solution maybe with pro and cons?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Media server solutions on ReadyNAS 104

Personally I like plex - though the RN104's CPU isn't fast enough to take full advantage of its features.

I think you are better off with ReadyDLNA than the Nero app myself.

Logitech Media Server is for streaming to Logitech Squeezebox players, so it's not the right choice for your LG TV.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements