× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Migrating Disk from an Readynas Ultra6 (OS6.6.1) to a Readynas Pro6 (OS6.6.1)

kekegsm
Guide

Migrating Disk from an Readynas Ultra6 (OS6.6.1) to a Readynas Pro6 (OS6.6.1)

Hi

I have a perfect working Ultra 6 with OS 6.6.1 and 3GB RAM. 6x3TB WD Red disk, x-raid. (like raid5)

I just bought a Pro 6 (4GB RAM, Q6600 cpu), upgraded now to OS6.6.1 too with a spare disk.

Can I just take the disks out from U6 and put into the Pro6? Will it work? Can I read and write my files?

Will the settings work? Will the apps (Plex, istatus) work? 

Model: RNDU6000 |READYNAS ULTRA 6 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Migrating Disk from an Readynas Ultra6 (OS6.6.1) to a Readynas Pro6 (OS6.6.1)

Yes, that should work fine.

Power down both systems, remove the scratch disk from the Pro 6 and move your disks across (keep the disk order the same).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Migrating Disk from an Readynas Ultra6 (OS6.6.1) to a Readynas Pro6 (OS6.6.1)

Yes, that should work fine.

Power down both systems, remove the scratch disk from the Pro 6 and move your disks across (keep the disk order the same).

Message 2 of 5
kekegsm
Guide

Can I use the HDD-trays in the Pro? (Ultra6 have square type button, Pro6 have round type button. i hate this last, because first time all 6 were stuck, but WD40 made miracle.... I like to use the square type, it looks better for me)

Is the BIOS version important, I if transfer the discs?

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes you can use the trays from the Ultra 6 in the Pro.

Message 4 of 5
kekegsm
Guide

Missin success. New Pro working almost perfect.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements