× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Migrating disks to used rnd4000 NV+

rsbeck
Aspirant

Migrating disks to used rnd4000 NV+

Hello, I had a ReadyNAS RND4000 NV+ with 4 750GB Drives loaded with music and pictures. Disk One went bad, so I removed it and the unit worked beautifully with the discs in drives 2, 3, and 4 and drive 1 empty. I powered down, inserted a new disk in Drive 1, powered up and the NV+ crashed. So, I bought a used RND4000 NV+, put the disks in drives 2, 3, and 4. I can discover the NV+ in RaidAr and it shows the discs with a green healthy check next to them, but there is no green light above those drives on the NV+ and it shows C: 0/0MB free. I’m trying to both access and get the data off the three drives so I can back it up to a newer NAS. Please help me.

Thanks,

Rob
Model: RND4000 (ReadyNAS NV+ v1)|READYNAS NV+ v1 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Migrating disks to used rnd4000 NV+

Hi @rsbeck

Paid support might be able to help, You can log a case with NETGEAR Support. Or have you tried rebooting the NAS with 4 drives in?

Also, you might want to consider migrating the disks to a newer model ReadyNAS system that runs on OS6. You may want to check Migrating Disk to ReadyNAS OS6.

Other members might be able to assist so it would be better to wait.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Migrating disks to used rnd4000 NV+

Your assumption that the chassis was the problem was likely incorrect.  The OS is stored on the drives, and it sounds like your is corrupt.  The volume may be as well.  0 of 0 free at least sound like it didn't re-format your drives.  At this point, it's hard to say if an OS re-install would help or hurt.

It's too late now, but you should have inserted the new drive with the unit on.  That way, the OS is booted and it can give you status and error messages.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements