× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My RN102 is incredibly SLOW to access (when I can access it at all...)

Guillaume_R
Aspirant

My RN102 is incredibly SLOW to access (when I can access it at all...)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, and I’m relatively newbie to matters of storage networking so, please be indulgent Smiley Happy

I’ve been having for a few days big issues with my ReadyNAS 102. It is incredibly SLOW to access from windows explorer (I apparently haven’t any problem from the web interface). Sometimes I just can’t access anything, sometimes I can. Sometimes I can copy on local drives, sometimes I can’t.

It all started when I upgraded the firmware to 6.4.1. I then upgraded to 6.4.2 with the hope it’d be better. Same problem.

Of course before posting I browsed the web to find answers but I’ve got to acknowledge I do not really understand the issue here. I wanted to downgrade to previous FW, but I just don’t get how to do it.

I then thought of resetting my 102 to factory settings, but backing up 1TB of data is simply impossible here.

I must add, when I encountered the problem for the first time and feared for my hard drive (although my WD Red 3TB was and remains in perfect health), I bought and added a second hdd. The NAS synchronized both in X-Raid, everything is ‘on the green’, but the problem remains.

I’m really stuck here. I cannot back-up, I cannot downgrade. I just can access data form the web interface, problem is you can’t download folders from here, just file by file…

Please help me Netgear Community, you are my only hope Smiley Embarassed

Thanks !

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (2x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 5
Guillaume_R
Aspirant

Re : My RN102 is incredibly SLOW to access (when I can access it at all...)

Oh boy, reading a previous thread, I just disabled the antivirus, it seems much more reactive right now, I'm gonna give i a shot, and see whether that was the real cause...

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Re : My RN102 is incredibly SLOW to access (when I can access it at all...)

Hello Guillaume_R,

Welcome to the community!

Disabling AntiVirus for the meantime is the work around for this problem, eng'g team is already working on this. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
YorkBoy
Luminary

Re: My RN102 is incredibly SLOW to access (when I can access it at all...)

Evening.

I have a 102 unit and all was working fine up to 6.2.5 firmware.

Then on being advised to update to 6.4.0 the problems started to happen. Updated to 6.4.1 and some minor improvement. Now updated to 6.4.2 and again some minor improvement but the thing remains very slow. I can at least perform backups to USB drives but previously they would take an hour, under 6.4.1 it was four hours and now under 6.4.2 its down to three hours.

It seems to me that most problems people have had relates to the 6.4...... series of firmware updates.

There are posted methods to down grade back to 6.2.4 and 6.2.5 but it's not easy. However I am seriously thinking of doing this as I am sick of waiting to have my system running as it was which was perfectly.

By the way before some Netgear techie suggests this, yes AV is disabled and always has been.

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: My RN102 is incredibly SLOW to access (when I can access it at all...)

YorkBoy, can you attach a fresh set of logs to your case and also provide an update on your case to let the agent know when you've done that?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements