× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS won't turn on

mvee
Aspirant

NAS won't turn on

`NAS won;t trun on. When I plug it in and switch it on, the lights stay on for 2 secs and the machine seems like it is trying to turn on. Then it abruptly stops. Unplugging power supply and reconnecting, makes it go through same cycle again. I am not sure of there is any issue with the power supply unit or the mchnie itself. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NAS won't turn on

Hi mvee,

In case you will still have the same behavior after removing the drives, the issue is most probably with the chassis itself. If you are the original purchaser of the device and it is still under the hardware warranty, you may contact support then so they can process an RMA for the chassis

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mvee,

Are you getting the same behavior on your NAS if there are no drives inside it?

(Note: Please label the drives with its corresponding bay before you remove them so they will still be in the same order when you reinsert them)

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
mvee
Aspirant

I haven't tried removing the drives. I will do so an get back. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 3 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mvee,

In case you will still have the same behavior after removing the drives, the issue is most probably with the chassis itself. If you are the original purchaser of the device and it is still under the hardware warranty, you may contact support then so they can process an RMA for the chassis

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
mvee
Aspirant

Thanks for your responses. I removed the hard drives (4 x Toshiba 2TB Hard drives) and tried tuining on, and the result was the same. The unit tries turning on (fan sound, lights blinking, display lit with welcome sign) and then it turns off in 2 secs.

Not sure if the unit is in warranty. I will check and follow up. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
mvee
Aspirant

Hello, Thanks first of all for the helpful information. Just to close out this question:

I connected with Netgear technical help and they assessed the issue as hardware problem with the NAS unit. Since it was under the 5-yr warranty period, they replaced the defective unit. I will be settig up this soon. Hopefully no issues further.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements