× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ stuck at 24% ReSync

Kindjal
Aspirant

NV+ stuck at 24% ReSync

The NV+ is only 3 Months old. It worked good so far but then today i got this e-mail:

A SATA reset has been performed on one or more of your disks that may have affected the RAID parity integrity. It is recommended that you perform a RAID volume resync from the RAID Settings tab ( accessible in the Volumes page => Volume tab in FrontView ). The resync process will run in the background, and you can continue to use the ReadyNAS in the meantime.

Not a big deal, i got a RAID system, let's just resync. Unfortunately now the Resync is stuck at 24% in RAIDar, all 4 HDD LED are on, Activity is zero. Power button is not responding. I am really not happy with this, since i just finished moving my data on the device and now it completely fails on me. That is just ridiculous and if that is a sign of the reliability, i want my money back!

Not happy at all,
ST
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NV+ stuck at 24% ReSync

Disks can and do fail at any time.

Best to contact NetGear tech support (http://www.readynas.com/support) for assistance. Edit thread title (i.e. subject of first post in thread) to include your case number.
Message 2 of 5
Kindjal
Aspirant

I am not worried about the disk failure, that as you said can happen. But what use is the NV+ to me if it freezes up and i don't know which hdd failed. How am i supposed to replace it? What worries me is the hardware/software that seems to be incapable of reporting and fixing the problem.
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Did you configure email alerts?
Message 4 of 5
Kindjal
Aspirant

Kindjal wrote:
The NV+ is only 3 Months old. It worked good so far but then today i got this e-mail:

A SATA reset has been performed on one or more of your disks that may have affected the RAID parity integrity. It is recommended that you perform a RAID volume resync from the RAID Settings tab ( accessible in the Volumes page => Volume tab in FrontView ). The resync process will run in the background, and you can continue to use the ReadyNAS in the meantime.

ST
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements