× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need for latest PHP .deb package for ReadyNAS 6.3.5

sunsina
Guide

Need for latest PHP .deb package for ReadyNAS 6.3.5

I have no clue why the new versions of ReadyNAS OS do not come with updated PHP and Apps,.... and many of them do not get update.

PHP > v5.6.11 is availiable and I am aware that there are some applications that are not compatible but I am aware that there is a possibility to have multiple

PHP versions of installed on a system to work with different applications.

One example is Owncloud and Pydio, I am not sure that even the latest versions of either of these applications requires same PHP or not, but 
their very old version of them are availiable on Avaliable Apps (Even the application's update system can not update them properly).

I am wondering why ReadyNAS OS Maintainers do not make the ReadyNAS OS suctures (folders, config files,... ) as much as similar to Debian, Ubuntu so

one could manually download the latest .deb packages and install it on his NAS.

Message 1 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Need for latest PHP .deb package for ReadyNAS 6.3.5

Hello sunsina,

According to the developer, current PHP app for ReadyNAS OS6 has PHP 5.4 which is good enough to run most current PHP apps. If there is a known app that requires PHP 5.6, post it here so we will know.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
Natedogg007
Aspirant

I'm having problems with this also. I need to run cURL and the current PHP will not let me configure the php.ini file. I have seen it on this forum a post where they have an add-on manager section where you can simply enable/disable cURL and other PHP Extensions 

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Natedogg007- please stay with the thread you already started for your issue.

Message 4 of 8
tomthum
Aspirant

Owncloud is now at version 8.0 + there are third party apps availible please may i ask why netgear has not made availible a native free app, having updated through apt-get now im waiting for a native upgrade to php 5.5 atleast, as mentioned here in the owncloud documentation

("APC has not been updated since 2012 and is essentially dead, and PHP 5.4 is old and lags behind later releases. If it is possible to upgrade to a later PHP release that is the best option." "Your PHP version (5.4.45-0+deb7u2) is no longer supported by PHP. We encourage you to upgrade your PHP version to take advantage of performance and security updates provided by PHP.")

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@tomthum wrote:

Owncloud is now at version 8.0 + there are third party apps availible please may i ask why netgear has not made availible a native free app,

Almost all the apps are from third-party developers, and aren't written by Netgear.  

You can get the current owncloud from whocares_ at his web site (www.rnxtras.com).  There is a nominal charge (€2.99).

If you'd like to see more apps offered by Netgear, perhaps post that suggestion in the ideas exchange.

Message 6 of 8
sprocket12
Aspirant

Maybe, but not for R6..

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@sprocket12 wrote:

Maybe, but not for R6..

He offers 9.0.0-2 for R6.  9.0.2 is current.  Both were released quite a while after my post.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements