× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Gigabit connection after updating Readynas RN104

Dockxavier
Follower

No Gigabit connection after updating Readynas RN104

I have 2 Readynas RN104 devices one as a backup after upgrading to 6.4.0 they lights on the rear for the gigabit netowrk cards are now orange indicating only up 100mps they were 1000 mps before. I have a gigabit netowrk with suitable switches and cabeling and it was working ok before the update.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: No Gigabit connection after updating Readynas RN104

@Dockxavier wrote:

I have 2 Readynas RN104 devices one as a backup after upgrading to 6.4.0 they lights on the rear for the gigabit netowrk cards are now orange indicating only up 100mps they were 1000 mps before. I have a gigabit netowrk with suitable switches and cabeling and it was working ok before the update.

Someone else posted this, and they found they were actually getting gigabit speeds (despite the light).

So perhaps check the speed.  If your switches aren't managed, you can try testing with NasTester (http://www.808.dk/?code-csharp-nas-performance) and see if your read/write speeds are over 11 MB/s.

Message 2 of 4
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

It's purely cosmetic. It has something to do with the marvell suite on the RN100 series. 

Message 3 of 4
obaeyens
Aspirant

It appears to be a bug in the software that controls the LED color. The speed is really 1 Gbps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements