× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OS 6.5.1 SMB Home Share bug?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

OS 6.5.1 SMB Home Share bug?

Can I get some confirmation on this possible bug?

I've set up 2 slightly differnt usernames on OS 6.5.1 with the same password, when initially accessing either one of the usernames via an Andrioid Phone (using ES Explorer) I can see only the 1 usrname folder (working correctly). However after refreshing several times, relogging in several times, I can now see both usernames as folder shares? (note: I can still only access the correct username folder, so no security concerns). No other usernames show.

I've tried to replicate this on a Windows PC via LAN, but was unable to do so.

ReadyNAS: RN 316 / OS 6.5.1

Number of User Accounts: 11

Share Folders: Enabled with SMB only

Snapshot Schedule: Smart / Never

Snapshot Access: Nothing enabled

Andrioid Version 6.0.1

ES Explorer Version: 4.1.3 (Market)

The only thing I can think of is that I'm running BTSync Client 1.4.103 when the Home Folders were orignally setup and sync'ed (drwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin, which gives read only access via LAN per user). IDK how to setup individual user access for each home folder without messing up write access for BTSync...

If it was a group/user CHOWN issue, then why don't other home folders show up, only those with the same password do.....

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: OS 6.5.1 SMB Home Share bug?

I believe ES File Explorer is caching the directories, and when you switched users it didn't clear the cache.

I think there is a manual setting in the app to clear the cache, so try that and see if the other home folder still appears.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: OS 6.5.1 SMB Home Share bug?

I believe ES File Explorer is caching the directories, and when you switched users it didn't clear the cache.

I think there is a manual setting in the app to clear the cache, so try that and see if the other home folder still appears.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements