× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Permissions Windows 10 RTM

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Permissions Windows 10 RTM

Good Morning!

My current specification:

Hardware: Windows 8.1 Pro wit ReadyNAS 102 (Firmware 6.2.4)

Network: AVM FritzBox 7390 and AVM PowerLine

The standard permissions "everyone - read/write" for all files works great.

User at Windows: @outlook.com account

The RTM version of Windows 10 RTM is already available, but I have big problems with

the permissions, because as an local user it works, but after login with a outlook.com account

I got no access to my ReadyNAS. Of course I have already updated the authentication (RN102: accounts, authentication), but no succss.

Has anyone a idea, because Windows 10 works fine, but without my ReadyNAS it make no sense.

Thanks for your help and have a great day.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Permissions Windows 10 RTM

When you say no access, can you see the readynas from the PC? What message do you receive when trying to access folders/files?

Just to clarify, you have setup a user on the readynas that has the same username as your @outlook.com username and the password is the same? Have you tried making the owner of the shares the outlook.com user, I'd be a little careful with this, just setup a test share for permissions testing.
I don't use outlook.com or windows 10 so difficult to test ;is the outlook.com login what you use as your primary PC login to windows, because these would be the credentials presented to the nas?
Can you find windows 10 credentials manager?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
vandermerwe
Master

When you say no access, can you see the readynas from the PC? What message do you receive when trying to access folders/files?

Just to clarify, you have setup a user on the readynas that has the same username as your @outlook.com username and the password is the same? Have you tried making the owner of the shares the outlook.com user, I'd be a little careful with this, just setup a test share for permissions testing.
I don't use outlook.com or windows 10 so difficult to test ;is the outlook.com login what you use as your primary PC login to windows, because these would be the credentials presented to the nas?
Can you find windows 10 credentials manager?
Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Vandermerwe,
thanks for your prompt reply. With no access I mean no drives in Windows Explorer (e.g. \\rn102\Programme). The Windows Firewall is used as "public" and it shows no other PC, Printer etc. If you I change to "private" it shows the ReadyNAS but it is not available in the Windows Explorer with the shared folder/files. It works only with a local user, so there are RN102\admin and RN102\guest is showing, but as Online Account it is not. I´m so confused because it works in Windows 8.1 so great. Outlook.com account is not integrate in the NAS, because it shows full access for everyone.

Message 3 of 5
CLHatch
Luminary

@CModeregger wrote:

Hi Vandermerwe,
thanks for your prompt reply. With no access I mean no drives in Windows Explorer (e.g. \\rn102\Programme). The Windows Firewall is used as "public" and it shows no other PC, Printer etc. If you I change to "private" it shows the ReadyNAS but it is not available in the Windows Explorer with the shared folder/files. It works only with a local user, so there are RN102\admin and RN102\guest is showing, but as Online Account it is not. I´m so confused because it works in Windows 8.1 so great. Outlook.com account is not integrate in the NAS, because it shows full access for everyone.

Have you tried using the Credential Manager in Windows?

Go to the Control Panel in Windows, select Credential Manager, then Windows Credentials, click on "Add a Windows credential."  Enter the following info:

• Internet or network address: rn102
  • User name: the user name for the user on the NAS
  • Password: the password for said user name

This has been working for me with Windows 10.  In my case, I didn't use the email address for the user names on my NAS, so I had to do it this way to automatically connect.  Do this for each computer/user on your computers.

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi CLHatch,

thanks for your reply. I have already contacted the Online support, but I got a Message with costs for support.

After this Message I bought a Synology NAS DS215j System and THIS works great and faster than the RN102.

Sorry Netgear!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements