× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Play Video and Audio files

h_tsopelas
Aspirant

Play Video and Audio files

Hello, i have a lot of video (avi, mp4,3gp,...) my problem is that i can not see them online and i have to download it first. The same with the audio files. Only pictures i can see online with "preview". Any help about this please?

Message 1 of 8
WinnerPlus
Tutor

Just for reference, are we taking about ReadyCloud?

Message 2 of 8
h_tsopelas
Aspirant

Sorry i forget it... i have readynas 102 and yes for readycloud. Thanks

Message 3 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi h_tsopelas,

Are you trying to access these files using the mobile app, desktop app or web browser? Kindly check this guide and hopefully it helps you access your files easily via ReadyCloud.

Kind regards,

BrianL

NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 8
h_tsopelas
Aspirant

I try to access these files from web browser. I have read the guide and it helps me. i access to my files, thats no problem. i would like to preview the video files from my web browser, like the pictures and not to download to my computer and then view the movie.

Message 5 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi h_tsopelas,

Great! For now picture preview is only available and your request of having a preview for the videos can be worked out in the future. Kindly contact our support team and create a support ticket to submit this request.

Just let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 6 of 8
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The video play back in the web broswer may have some limitation with the RN102. This can be an option that we can look at for ReadyCLOUD with supported hardware.

The concept that you are requesting is similar to Plex media server. We do have an app on the ReadyNAS, but the video playback in the browser on the app is not available due to the power of the RN102. (If you had another device that had a more powerful CPU may help with the Plex server.)

There are other methods of getting video streaming. Are you looking to stream remotely specifically?

Message 7 of 8
h_tsopelas
Aspirant

No, i only want to see my video or audio files from everywhere and from any pc (eather my pc eather the pc of my wife or from a friend).

I believe that is something you have to see in a update! Like i can see the pictures from web browser, so i can see the audio and my movies from any pc and anywhere! That the reason i take Readynas (and for security).

or you can create a application which we can play all the files from the application. I download the plex, but it wants to download extra the media server and now who i am vocation i take error No Devices Discovered. Please press "BackUp" or "Ok" button on your device for 5 seconds and then "retry" and i can not go to the application of the readyclound.

Sorry for my very bad English.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements