× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro 6 hanging sporadically on 6.6.0

cerjzc
Tutor

Pro 6 hanging sporadically on 6.6.0

Hello,

I have been have an issue since I started trying the 6.6.0 betas on my Pro 6.  At some point after running for several days the NAS will stop responding and I can't get to any of the shares and it also won't ping.  I have to hard boot it to get it going again and then it might run from 2  to 7 days before happening again.  I started I think on the first beta and I then tried each version after that and the RC's and while maybe it wouldn't hang on a specific version it is more likely that it just wasn't running long enough to hang.   I did also update to the release version when it became available and tonight it hung on that version as well.   I first noticed when I couldn't hit any of the shares and then confirmed again that I couldn't ping the device.  If I hold the front power button in it will power down and then I can reboot it.  After it rebooted I downloaded the logs and will email them in. 

Thanks,

Jeff

Model: ReadyNASRNDP6610|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Pro 6 hanging sporadically on 6.6.0

Hello cerjzc,

Please check the network setup. You may need to isolate the problem first. Since you have mentioned that even ping request does not work when the NAS stops responding. This could mean that the NAS loses network connection. Also try disabling or turning off some apps that are currently running on the NAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Also, which apps do you have installed?

Message 3 of 9
cerjzc
Tutor

Thanks for the responses.  I can look into the network settings although nothing else is having problems on the network and when it hangs up I'm pretty sure when it is hung I have to hold the power button  in to get it to do anything.  I will pay closer attention when it happens again.

As for apps I only have htop, PHPSysinfo, Plex Media Server, PlexPy and Transmission.  I don't use any of them very often.    I have removed PHPSysinfo just now and PlexPy was actually installed after the problem had already started. 

The version are htop 1.0.0 ,  Plex Media Server 1.14.2757,  PlexPy 1.3.6 and Transmission 3.00.8

I can disable or remove them if that is needed.

Thanks,
Jeff

Message 4 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cerjzc,

Thanks for the information. You can try disabling the apps and let us know so that we can further determine the next action.

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
cerjzc
Tutor

I have gone ahead and I uninstalled the htop and then disabled the remaining 3 apps.  I then rebooted to make sure it had a clean start.  I will monitor it now and report back if it hangs or if I don't see any issues after a few weeks.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 6 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cerjzc,

Thank you. Please update us regarding your progress.

Regards,

Message 7 of 9
bobaloca
Guide

Any updates on this?  I had no problems with a Pro 6 on 6.6.0, but am now getting hangs on 6.6.1 -- seem to be after a few days.

Message 8 of 9
cerjzc
Tutor

I disabled all add ons and didn't see the problem anymore.  The device is now updated to 6.7.0 beta 4 and haven't seen the issue on any of the recent betas.

Jeff

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements