× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro Pioneer RNDP600E Temp SYS Out of Spec, how to increase fan speed

hijohnperez
Aspirant

Pro Pioneer RNDP600E Temp SYS Out of Spec, how to increase fan speed

Hi,

My NAS is running hot, yet the system fan is not increasing in RPM to compensate.  Is there an SSH command or configuration file I can use to increase the SYS fan speed or set thresholds?

Thanks

RAIDiator 4.2.31

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP600E|ReadyNAS Pro Pioneeer Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Pro Pioneer RNDP600E Temp SYS Out of Spec, how to increase fan speed

Hello hijohnperez,

Welcome to the community!

For the OS6 NAS there is an option on the Admin page to change the fan speed to compensate the heat on the system. As for the legacy NAS I may need to check this with others who can probably assist you and get back to you as soon as possible or patiently wait for anyone in the community who has the knowledge in the SSH commands and fixing some issues from the backend.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
hijohnperez
Aspirant

That would be greatly appreciated.  I did clean the CPU cooler fins, which had the side effect of lowering the SYS temperature a few degrees, although I'm sure once a resync or scrub starts I'll be above threshold again.  I'm not sure why the fan speed doesn't increase.  The fans to speed up on power on, so I know the system is capable of increasing the fan speed.  I found some posts that this was a bug in an earlier revision of the OS, but that was years ago so I thought it would have been fixed by now.  Maybe not?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

The issue I know about was the opposite problem (Fan always ran at full speed):  https://kb.netgear.com/12240/Service-Action-for-x86-ReadyNAS-Pro-CPU-fan-speed-control

I don't know of any fan override for the 4.2 system.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements