× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pro Pioneer v4.2.27 - FrontView won't save configuration

hobbes487
Guide

Pro Pioneer v4.2.27 - FrontView won't save configuration

I have a Pro Pioneer that I have had for just over 5 years without any issues major issues.  Occasionally it would freeze up and I would just force it to shut off by holding the power button and it would boot back ok just fine.  Yesterday I went to access data on it through the network on a windows machine and it was not accessible.  I went to check FrontView and it came up so I new it wasn't frozen.  In the standard file protocols everything was unchecked.  I thought that was wierd, but just tried to re-enable all the protocols, but when I hit save all the check boxes cleared and nothing heppened.  I tried to make some other configuration changes and nothing would actually save.  I tried enabling/disabling plugins, but whenever I hit Save nothing happens.  I even tried to reboot it through the Power menu, but nothing happens.  I can shut it down properly using the power button on the NAS.  I also noticed that the logs were completely clear which seemed strange.  

Anyone have any idea what could have happened and how to fix it?  I am able to log into it via SSH if that helps.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
hobbes487
Guide

Thank you!  I was able to use Tech Support mode to clean out all the Crashplan upgrade data.  ForntView is now working and I can access my files again.  Last remaining issue is that I can't access the ReadyNas via SSH so I can't upgrade the jre to the necessary version.  Any pointers to figure out why SSH isn't working?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

df . -h

df . -i

and post the output.

Also - are you running crashplan on the NAS?

Message 2 of 10
hobbes487
Guide

Well, it looks like I can no longer log in via SSH.  Only FrontView is working, but I can't save anything.  

Message 3 of 10
hobbes487
Guide

... and yes I am running Crashplan on it.

Message 4 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@hobbes487 wrote:

... and yes I am running Crashplan on it.

Then this thread explained what happened: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Backing-up-to-your-ReadyNAS/Crashplan-JRE-update-needed/m-p/985781#...

If you can't log in with ssh, maybe you can manage tech support mode?

Message 5 of 10
hobbes487
Guide

Thank you!  I was able to use Tech Support mode to clean out all the Crashplan upgrade data.  ForntView is now working and I can access my files again.  Last remaining issue is that I can't access the ReadyNas via SSH so I can't upgrade the jre to the necessary version.  Any pointers to figure out why SSH isn't working?

Message 6 of 10
hobbes487
Guide

I inalled the SSH community addon again and now I am back in to SSH.  I tried your command for installing the latest jre, but it did not work.  Do you have the command to do that?

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@hobbes487 wrote:

I inalled the SSH community addon again and now I am back in to SSH.  I tried your command for installing the latest jre, but it did not work.  Do you have the command to do that?

I didn't suggest a command on the other thread.  Did you try the add-on I linked to (http://minimserver.com/ejre-installer.html)?

Message 8 of 10
hobbes487
Guide

Yes, I followed those instructions and the add-on installed successfully and shows up in the installed add-ons page, but when I use the java version command it still shows 1.6

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Check first to see if  /etc/frontview/addons/bin/EJRE/ejdk1.8.0_51/linux_i586/jre/bin exists and if if java is there.

The installer should also have left a link to that file in  (/usr/local/bin/java).  So look for that also.

If its there, type /usr/local/bin/java -version

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements