× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with Firmware 6.2.4 on ReadyNAS 516

Thelostboy
Aspirant

Problems with Firmware 6.2.4 on ReadyNAS 516

Hi guys!

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to computers & networking, so please forgive me if i miss any thing out or the answer is obvious!

I have a ReadyNAS 516 with four WDC WD30EFRX inside. I have been having a problem where my media back up from my iphone 5 takes ages to upload, we're talking 5 minutes per picture! In the past it has been fine, never experienced a problem.  So i thought perhaps updating to the lastest firmware 6.2.4 may help, this update went ok & i was hoping to have fixed the issue!  BUT, now i have another issue!  The media backup problem is still present, however it can now take up to 10 minutes to upload one picture, a little too long in my opinion!  Also, now when i access the admin page on my PC, it will allow me to view it for about 20 seconds & then the connection drops out, it then says connecting to admin page which if left it never reconnects! If i reselect admin page from the Ready Cloud page it connects straight away! 

Anyone else have problems like this?  If anyone knows of these issues & how to fix them please let me know, or can i back date the system to my previous firmware?

Let me know if you need any more info, Thanks in advance.

Paul

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problems with Firmware 6.2.4 on ReadyNAS 516

I just rebooted it.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Thelostboy
Aspirant

Sorry, I forgot to say, it also takes me ages to log into the ReadyCloud app on my phone, is this normal, it can take up to 5 minutes to connect, but once connected i can stream HD films to my phone no problem!

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 3 of 7
Thelostboy
Aspirant

Hello! 

Thank you for your quick response, I have emailed you the logs of the ReadyNAS

Message 4 of 7
Thelostboy
Aspirant

Hello!
I was wondering if you had any updates yet, is it going to be ok to take the ReadyNAS out of debug mode & reboot to use as normal?
Thanks for your help!
Paul
Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I just rebooted it.

Message 6 of 7
Thelostboy
Aspirant

Hello! 

Just a quick update, the admin page problem seems to have sorted itself out & appears to be no longer a problem! Not sure what was wrong but at least its working now!

Thanks for your help

Paul

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements