× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAID configuration not working

Tjabo
Aspirant

RAID configuration not working

After a disk failure I have tried to configure my 2-disk Ultra 2 to Raid 1. I have followed the instructions for factory reset and selected Raid 1 but when the NAS have finished the configuration process RAIDar says it is in X-RAID2 mode. What I want is for disk 2 to act as a mirror of disk 1 for data protection.

English is not my first language so I have some trouble understanding the "Redundency" part of the X-RAID2 configuration.

* Is the data on disk 1 mirrored to disk 2 in a X-RAID2 configuration?

* How can I check this?

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: RAID configuration not working

@Tjabo wrote:

After a disk failure I have tried to configure my 2-disk Ultra 2 to Raid 1. I have followed the instructions for factory reset and selected Raid 1 but when the NAS have finished the configuration process RAIDar says it is in X-RAID2 mode. What I want is for disk 2 to act as a mirror of disk 1 for data protection.

With 2 disks and "Single Redundancy" XRAID2 uses RAID-1.  So you already have the mode you want - there is no need to reset again.

If you had a 4-bay unit, and inserted a 3rd disk later, XRAID2 would automatically convert to RAID-5.  Of course that's not possible on a 2-bay unit.  But that's why XRAID2 uses the "redundancy" language.

Message 2 of 3
Tjabo
Aspirant

Re: RAID configuration not working

Thanks for the answer. Now I can relax.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements