× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAIDar 6.1 on Windows 10

TOMA1
Tutor

RAIDar 6.1 on Windows 10

RAIDar 6.1 seems to have the same "Install" issues as in Ver: 6.0.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Raidar-6-0-on-Windows-10/m-p/1018524

Running 6.1 RAIDar.exe does update the %user%\Appdata\Local\RAIDar\RAIDar.exe 1064kb file to a 1067kb file, but still no signs of a shortcut/icon/start menu item.

Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello TOMA1,

I tried this on my Win8 too and it seems the file that we download from the support site does not install. It is the executable file that we will have to use. What I did was I created a shortcut by getting to the directory where the downloaded file was saved and put the shortcut to the desktop.

Regards.

Message 2 of 6
TOMA1
Tutor

I don't think that is/was the intention of the programmers but it does work that way.
Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TOMA1,

It is by design, RAIDar 6 just runs and does not install, while RAIDar 4.3 intalls.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
TOMA1
Tutor

JennC,

Why then does it create/install the  %user%\Appdata\Local\RAIDar\RAIDar.exe (a 1067kb file) then?

That is why I believe there is more to the issue.

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TOMA1,

Also tested it with a WIN7 PC and it doesn't create nor install the RAIDar.exe. Probably this only happens on WIN10. Let us investigate this more.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements