× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAIDar 6.3.0, this latest version is not showing my RN104 on the network, what changed?

Pstreicher
Guide

RAIDar 6.3.0, this latest version is not showing my RN104 on the network, what changed?

Okay, what happened? I've been using RAIDar ever since, well, you know, a long time now. Then, an upgrade comes out. Now I do not see the RN104 in my network. Now there was a recent upgrade for the RN104 too. Can I say exactly when this all started? NO! I wasn't paying that much attention. Until now of course when I want to access the shares and folders by clicking on the NAS icon in my network and then logging in as admin as I always do. Now I have to either log in to the NAS by way of the browser or with the RAIDar utility. It's extra steps now that I didn't have to do before. Please tell me there is another update coming or new release of RIADart correct this? Is anyone else having this problem or have noticed this?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Pstreicher
Guide

Re: RAIDar 6.3.0, this latest version is not showing my RN104 on the network, what changed?

Well, I blamed the wrong company. Turns out it was Microsoft and their notorious, endless updating. This time the Windows Creator 1730 update forgot to restore my HOMEGROUP settings. I had to find the password on the master pc and then enter it into the other pc's. Now everybody shows on the network and I can again access the NAS from anyone of them. This is the second time I've been through this. Problem is you don't go through it often enough to remember what the fix is every time. On top of it all, Netgear has to throw an update or or two into the mix. Let this be a lesson learned, grasshopper!  Thanks to all for taking time to suggest things to try.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hey, 

When accessing your NAS by clicking on the NAS icon under "Networking", your pc is probably using UPnP to access it. That is important because win10 have been quite notorious for problems with regards to UPnP.

Are you using win10? Do you have another pc you can test with? 

You could just map a normal network drive in windows. That is a better solution overall I think. 

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Hopchen wrote:

You could just map a normal network drive in windows. That is a better solution overall I think. 

There are three ways to overcome this discovery issue, and all work well.

-As @Hopchen suggests map a network drive (perhaps persistently)  That shows up under "network locations" when you view "This PC"

-add a "network location" which points to a share.  This also shows up "network locations" Smiley Surprised

-create a desktop shortcut to the NAS (or to a NAS share)

FWIW, I don't think this was directly caused by the firmware update.  In my experience Microsoft's network discovery is sometimes hit-or-mess.

Message 3 of 4
Pstreicher
Guide

Well, I blamed the wrong company. Turns out it was Microsoft and their notorious, endless updating. This time the Windows Creator 1730 update forgot to restore my HOMEGROUP settings. I had to find the password on the master pc and then enter it into the other pc's. Now everybody shows on the network and I can again access the NAS from anyone of them. This is the second time I've been through this. Problem is you don't go through it often enough to remember what the fix is every time. On top of it all, Netgear has to throw an update or or two into the mix. Let this be a lesson learned, grasshopper!  Thanks to all for taking time to suggest things to try.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements