× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 10400 stuck on booting after firmware upgrade to 6.4.0 #26103516

gabriels
Tutor

RN 10400 stuck on booting after firmware upgrade to 6.4.0 #26103516

Hi,

First of all, do NOT upgrade to 6.4.0, it seems from this forum that i am not the only one that got burned

Second, i would appreciate any help on fixing the following issue

- have upgraded to 6.4.0 from 6.2.4 from the browser interface and it got stuck on "Updating FW"

- i searched on this forum and found how to boot from the recovery usb stick, done that and now is stuck on "Booting"

Please provide more details on how to fix this without loosing the backup data

What i don't understand is why they prompted me to upgrade to 6.4.0 if they have all these complaints about it

I am starting to hate netgear... and i am begining to think that netgear support did this on purpose so they take money on support....

Message 1 of 5
gabriels
Tutor

Re: RN 10400 stuck on booting after firmware upgrade to 6.4.0

netgear support sent me some questions, i will update this thread, but if anyone knows more on this please do not hesitate to provide more details

Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN 10400 stuck on booting after firmware upgrade to 6.4.0 #26103516

Support has advised you to give the update some time. Especially if you have lots of snapshots on your system there are some cases in which the update to 6.4.0 may take a long time to complete.

With any update there will be some users who run into issues, but for most it is a smooth upgrade.

We have some general advice on what to do before upgrading the firmware in ReadyNAS OS 6: FIrmware Upgrade Guide and Tips which I would advise you read before you next do a firmware update.

Message 3 of 5
gabriels
Tutor

mdgm wrote:  which I would advise you read before you next do a firmware update.

you mean never again

it still hangs on ssh and admin is inaccessible, no change here after around 15 hours, now i am trying to see if i can copy somehow the backups on another computer

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gabriels,

If you get the same problem, try going back to the support person you have contact with. They should be able to escalate your case to L3 if necessary.

Regards, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements