× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN10222D Power Light (blue) Slowly Flashing

MH0199
Aspirant

RN10222D Power Light (blue) Slowly Flashing

Hi.  our RN10222D is displaying a blinking power light and no activity on the Disk1 and 2 LEDs.  before this condition, we at least saw Disk1 with solid blue and disk 2 blinking light.  I'm not sure what's going on but I really need to get this fixed. Is this a disk issue or a power supply issue on the device?  Any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Model: RN10222D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 9
MH0199
Aspirant

I'm on version 6.1.8.  When trying to connect to the web interface, i get "Device is Offline"

Message 2 of 9
MH0199
Aspirant

I upgraded to 6.2.5.  RAIDr interface says Drivers are okay...I hope this thing comes back to life soon.  I'm going to try to upgrade on until i'm on the latest version.  See what happens.  Power light just keeps blinking slowly same way.  

I hope someone else has seen this before and can offer some input.

Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

To update from 6.2.5 to 6.5.2 you'd need to use a workaround

Message 4 of 9
MH0199
Aspirant

It got worse after upgrading to 6.2.5.  Now I can't even get to admin page to do anything else.  I did a factory (O.S. Reinstall) because I have data on these drives that I desperately need.  Now I see the IP address has changed, but the firmware is still 6.2.5...how is that possible?  Shouldn't this be on older firmware now?  

I'm also open to pay for support and get this resolved if need be...how do I contact support if there's hope to revive this unit?

Message 5 of 9
MH0199
Aspirant

By the way, inorder for me to follow the workaround, I'd need access to the admin page as the instruction state.  I can't do that anymore 😞

Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I guess you didn't get my PM?

Support does have various contracts available. The cheapest is per incident which is about $75 USD, I think. Support can confirm what the current cost is.

When you update the firmware, the firmware on the flash is updated and the firmware is installed onto the disks.

OS Re-install (resets admin password, some network settings and installs OS over the top of itself) and Factory Default (wipes all data, settings, everything) use the firmware on the flash.

Message 7 of 9
MH0199
Aspirant

no i didn't see the PM.  But, I called support and they had me use a USB recovery tool.  I did that, loaded 6.4.2.  Now when it boots up, power is solid blue and both disk1 and disk2 LEDs are solid.  On the admin page, I se status: volume data - 0 RAID Level 1, Inactive, 0MB of 0MB used and it only sees one of my disks on the admin page.  I assume it's because the drives are in a RAID 1?  but it also says on the admin page "Remove inactive volumes to use the disk.  Disk #2".  In the logs it indicates Disk1 should be replaced soon, so what am I to do at this point?  I see no volumes.  I had RAID1 setup.

Message 8 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Can you run the manufacturer's diagnostics on the drives (e.g. Seatools)?  It sounds like drive 2 is genuinely bad.  If neither come up bad in diagnostics, try booting with just one and then the other drive.  If one is bad, boot with just the other.  Hopefully, the volume is intact on one and the other is draggng down the whole system.

If you do get it up and running, do a backup before you try to replace the bad drive.  Resyncing puts a strain on both drives, and you don't want to risk your other one dying without a backup.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements