× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 6.4.1 Anti-Virus Plus Live Scan [red-dot] disabled

jaholstein
Guide

RN104 6.4.1 Anti-Virus Plus Live Scan [red-dot] disabled

I have read all the relavant discussions and cannot find a solution.

Saw something about a "faint checkbox" ... not sure, but I think my setup is correct

I just updated to 6.4.1 (x86) running Win 7 sp3 with all current updates and drivers.

On Admin > System > Overview I show Anti-Virus Plus installed

I know it is working because I got a message ... and deleted the offending .exe file

Then I rebooted the NAS just to be sure ... reboot worked well.  

The Antivirus definition is current to today 1/27 about 15 minutes ago.

I click on the link, CHECK the enable real-time scanning, click APPLY

Then I click on the Antivirus Icon which bring up page //192.168.1.10/apps/avplus/admin/index.html

The Live Scan [red-dot] disabled shows

If I use admin > systems > settings > services > Antivirus [shows green bar] and click on it then , CHECK the enable real-time scanning, click APPLY

Click the AVPlus page, press F5 to refresh, Same thing ... The Live Scan [red-dot] disabled shows

Also, when I use Admin > Apps the only app installed is AVPlus.

The version shows 2.0.3

Directly below that is a FAINT GRAY  "ON" that will not do anything if I click it.

When I click LAUNCH I get the same page //192.168.1.10/apps/avplus/admin/index.html

The Live Scan [red-dot] disabled shows

Is this an indication of something wrong?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 6.4.1 Anti-Virus Plus Live Scan [red-dot] disabled

@jaholstein wrote:

I just updated to 6.4.1 (x86) running Win 7 sp3 with all current updates and drivers.

It might be.  But you should be keeping the AntiVirus service disabled on 6.4.1 and above anyway - it creates a huge performance problem, and Netgear has recommended turning it off until they have a fix.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@jaholstein wrote:

It might be.  But you should be keeping the AntiVirus service disabled on 6.4.1 and above anyway - it creates a huge performance problem, and Netgear has recommended turning it off until they have a fix.

Message 2 of 6
prosenba
Aspirant

Now that 6.4.2 you would expect the anti virus issue to be fixed now, It's totally not acceptible to run a nas and not be able to scan the drive for viruses.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@prosenba wrote:

Now that 6.4.2 you would expect the anti virus issue to be fixed now...

@There is a fix being tested.  PM @mdgm if you want to try it.

Message 4 of 6
jaholstein
Guide

How is Netgear going to ADVISE all of the RN users that the Antivirus problem has been fixed?

I'm certainly NOT going to check this forum weekly - but I do agree that the present situation is totally unacceptable.

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jaholstein,

There's still no official fix from NETGEAR regarding this issue. As StephenB mentioned, you can pm @mdgm-ntgr for the fix, if you want to try it.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements