× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 6.6.0 firmware issue

CALI-CALI
Aspirant

RN104 6.6.0 firmware issue

After installing the latest 6.6.0 firmware, uploading, deleting or dragging and dropping a file in a folder hides all files folders in the share anfd the only way I found to access them again is by reloading the page and browsing again.

The operation, anyhow, completes successfully.

I could not find a place where to report the issue to Netgear

Model: RN10441D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN104 6.6.0 firmware issue

Hello CALI-CALI,

Are you accessing the NAS via web browser using HTTP/S access? If so then you must have forwarded 443 port. If you are just remotely accessing the NAS then it is not a good idea to troubleshoot it that way. You have to be with the NAS for troubleshooting.

By the way, have you checked if you get the same problem when you are connected to another network and using web browser?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CALI-CALI,

Are you moving files from the admin page? It is best you do this via Windows explorer not web browser. It could be that it does not really hide the files/folders but it takes time to get the admin page refreshed.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
CALI-CALI
Aspirant

Dear Jenn,

thanks for your feedback. I'm dragging and dropping or uploading from Windows 10 desktop to Chrome browser. 

I am currently traveling and I connect to my network via port forwarding.

I have done this for years and has always worked. Now it works but the page can't be visualized unless admin page reloaded.

Regards

CALI

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CALI-CALI,

As what I understand you are connecting remotely. Are you using ReadyCloud to access the NAS? 

You have mentioned you connect to the network via port forwarding, what port number did you forward?

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
CALI-CALI
Aspirant

Hello JennC.

I'm not using ReadyNAS in this specific case as I find it faster to connect directly to the NAS. 

I'm using the default NAS port can't recall now but will tell you Sunday when back). 

I access my router remotely via port forwarding features, specifically port 8104 is opened and routed to the proper NAS port.

This procedure was fully working before release 6.6.0. Now workks but simply the shares page does nit show the diectory trees under each share unkess the system page is reloaded.

Regards

CALI

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 5 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CALI-CALI,

Are you accessing the NAS via web browser using HTTP/S access? If so then you must have forwarded 443 port. If you are just remotely accessing the NAS then it is not a good idea to troubleshoot it that way. You have to be with the NAS for troubleshooting.

By the way, have you checked if you get the same problem when you are connected to another network and using web browser?

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
CALI-CALI
Aspirant

Dear JennC,

thank you for the advice. I have tried connecting through another network and it works.

I don't understand what might have caused the issue but it's not important anymore.

Regards

CALI

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 7 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CALI-CALI,

I am glad you were able to isolate the problem and found that it is the network where it was connected.

Please feel free to post suggestions, comments and questions as we value your feedback and contribution to the community, thank you!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements