× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 not visible to Windows 10 after Windows Update

michaelgu
Follower

RN104 not visible to Windows 10 after Windows Update

After Windows update to Version 1709 Build 16299.125 my ReadyNAS 104 (Firmware 6.9.1) is not vivible to Windows any more. Drive letters and links do not work anymore. Device is vsible over ip and works with Mac computers. Changes in Windows network configuration were in vain. Thx for help.

Michael

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 not visible to Windows 10 after Windows Update

Microsoft has been tightening up guest access, so it might be that.

After you run CMD on the PC and try the net view command,  you can also try

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Be careful on the typing (spaces and slash direction), and of course use the actual NAS ip address and admin password.

The first command clears out any open network sessions, the second one attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.  It assumes your data volume is named "data" - which is the default.

If that works, then your problem is almost certainly related to guest access.  You can solve that by setting up a windows credential for the NAS in the Windows Credential Manager.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did you checked your share seetings in Network Access >> SMB >> Advanced?

Also - can you try to run

net view remote_machine_name

in your command line on Win10?

I guess it could be related to changes in SMB version support or SM settings on your Windows 10 machine...

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Microsoft has been tightening up guest access, so it might be that.

After you run CMD on the PC and try the net view command,  you can also try

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Be careful on the typing (spaces and slash direction), and of course use the actual NAS ip address and admin password.

The first command clears out any open network sessions, the second one attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.  It assumes your data volume is named "data" - which is the default.

If that works, then your problem is almost certainly related to guest access.  You can solve that by setting up a windows credential for the NAS in the Windows Credential Manager.

Message 3 of 4
cprgolds
Aspirant

I had exactly the same problem and spent many hours trying to get this figured out.

As a temporary measure, I mapped the shares using the IP rather than the NAS name and that worked fine with less messing around than the NET USE method.

In the end, I reset the password for the NAS in the Credential Manager and all was hunky-dory once again.

Thanks StephenB for pointing me in the right direction.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP600E|ReadyNAS Pro Pioneeer Chassis only
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements