× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 second hard disc volume problem

gt11990
Aspirant

RN104 second hard disc volume problem

Hi

i am trying to add another disc to my ready nas which is a 2TB disc i already have a main one which is 1 TB however i cannot set a new volume on the second one to be a separate volume

i get teh following error 

One or more of the selected disks for the new volume could not be found.  Please verify that they are properly installed and try again.

Incorrect vdev_list

Code: 14003010000

why is this happening 

any ideas

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 second hard disc volume problem

Please let us know the firmware you are running, and also the disk model of the disk you want to add.

Message 2 of 8
gt11990
Aspirant

hi the firmware is 6.5.1

the disc i am trying to add is a WDC_WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0

the disc which is currently being used the first disc is WDC WD10EFRX-68FYTN0

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Unfortunately it's not on the hardware compatibility list, so Netgear support won't help.

If the disk is used, try formatting it from the NAS web ui and then try creating the volume again.

If that fails (or if the disk is new), then the straightforward path is to exchange it for a WD20EFRX, which is on the HCL.

Then if the problem continues and you have warranty coverage on the NAS, engage support (asking for an RMA).

BTW the hardware manufacturer warranty is 3 years.  It is not transferrable, so used units are not covered. 

Message 4 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gt11990,

Please always check HCL when buying disks for your NAS. Both disks you have appear to be not listed. The ones on the list are the disks that were tested, you may try using a disk that is not listed but there is no guarantee that it will work.

I suggested you try checking the new disk that get gets problem with a diagnostic tool.

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Please always check HCL when buying disks for your NAS. Both disks you have appear to be not listed. 

Not so, the WD10EFRX is listed for the RN104.  It's a 1 TB WD Red.

Message 6 of 8
gt11990
Aspirant

thank you guys ill make sure to buy a hard disk that is compatible but i reckoned that any dar disk would be compatible with the nas 

Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Different disks are designed for different purposes. So some disks are more suited to use in multi-disk systems such as a NAS than other disks.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements