× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN104 upgrade to 6.4.0 - how long does it take?

XAffi
Aspirant

RN104 upgrade to 6.4.0 - how long does it take?

Hi.

I was just upgrading (from web interface) my RN104 yesterday evening from 6.2.5 to 6.4.0. After the reboot it was shortly accessable (maybe some minutes), but now I can only ping the device successfully, but do not get any connection to the device. I have no message on the LCD. Just looks like usual (even power consumtion).

In the release notes it says that it may take some time to create the quotas,... Can someone tell me how long "some time" might be (As I use it also as an backup tool I have lots of small files on it --- btw. 3xWD red)? I do not want to make things worse by enering a "panic mode".

Thanks in advance.

Norbert

Message 1 of 8
Nickwing
Aspirant

Same problem here. According to me an error in the update. 

Niek

Message 2 of 8
XAffi
Aspirant

How have you solved it? USB recovery?

Message 3 of 8
JLawrence
Aspirant

Same issue...Stuck for about a day now blinking blue on front panel (update) but now (next day)completely inaccessable and management service is offline. How do we stop an update or back track? I logged in to support to try but my paid support is no longer good. We use this as a network drive and now im resorting to restoring from a back up and remapping our GPO. Very large file so this is very inconvienent. Last time I do an update...please if anyone has an update though please post a work around. 

Message 4 of 8
XAffi
Aspirant

Have you done a factory reset?

Message 5 of 8
JLawrence
Aspirant

So it was a very long weekend of it updating. I came back this morning to find the antivirus is now updated to this date also. So maybe when it did the upgrade it reset the antivirus? To what date though I am not sure, but it took forever to get it back to current date. I would say factory reset is almost not the best solution becuase it wipes everything. Sorry no one has really jumped on a true answer...

Message 6 of 8
XAffi
Aspirant

The only known/working solution to me was the factory reset...Not the best way, but working,... just lost lots of backups.

Message 7 of 8
gabriels
Tutor

factory reset should not be an option, i will be dead if i loose the backups, my boss will kill me for sure

anyone has other solution to fix this?

netgear should remove that prompt for firmware upgrade, i clicked it and now i feel like i've been screwed

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements