× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 can't access on one PC

Bolly2007
Tutor

RN10400 can't access on one PC

I have a ReadyNAS RN10400 with current firmware.

I have three PCs running Win10 all on same workaround. Two can access the NAS but one can't.

Any ideas please?
Message 1 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10400 can't access on one PC

@Bolly2007 wrote:
I have a ReadyNAS RN10400 with current firmware.

6.6.1?

@Bolly2007 wrote:

I have three PCs running Win10 all on same workaround. Two can access the NAS but one can't.

Any ideas please?

What happens if you enter \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar?  Use the real IP address of course, and be careful on the slash direction.

Message 2 of 12
Bolly2007
Tutor

The problem PC can see the NAS but when I try and access anything I get a permission error. On the NAS "everyone" is available
Message 3 of 12
Bolly2007
Tutor

I'm away atm so I can't try your suggestion
Message 4 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@Bolly2007 wrote:
The problem PC can see the NAS but when I try and access anything I get a permission error. On the NAS "everyone" is available

When you have chance, try openning cmd end enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real ip address and nas admin password of course.  The first command terminates any open network sessions (let it proceed if it prompts). The second attempts to map the NAS data volume to drive letter t.  This requires use of the NAS admin credentials.  Let us know if there is any error.

BTW, accessing the NAS does require the PC to use the same workgroup as the NAS, and the network connection needs to be classified as "private".

Message 5 of 12
Bolly2007
Tutor

Thanks for the help. I'm back Friday so I will try and let you know then
Message 6 of 12
Bolly2007
Tutor

Tried your script

I got the following :

System error 67 has occurred

The network name cannot be found
Message 7 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Could it be, that your NAS and the concerned pc are not in the same Microsoft workgroup? 

Message 8 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You can check how authentication against the NAS is done by going to admin page/accounts/authentication. Assuming your access type is "local users" you see the workgroup name right below that. It could be, that the concerned windows machine does not have the same workgroup assigned.

Should you use Active Directory as access type, please forget my posts. Sorry for bothering you, though.

Message 9 of 12
Bolly2007
Tutor

Yes, on same workgroup.

I checked share security on the NAS, and Anonymous login was deselected. Ticked that box and now it seems to work from the one troublesome PC.

I don't understand why only this one PC out of 6 could not access the NAS, when all the others could? At least it's working for now
Message 10 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Could be, that the good guys where using an account (guest?) to login and only the bad guy tried to go anonymous.

However, nice to hear, that you worked around the issue.

Message 11 of 12
Bolly2007
Tutor

Unfortunately not... they were all set up by me and the NAS access was is is out of the box

Like yo said, good it's now working

C

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements