× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nativevml
Aspirant

Hi There,

first timer here so apologies for the terminology, I have a RN 2120v2 with FW: 6.7.4,

the status is Management service is offline, my drives are healthy and I can browse the shares and the diagnostics doesn't show any errors whatsoever.

I have critical data on the drives so I cant afford a reset.

Please can you assist me?

Thanks in advance.

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 8
JoesCat
Aspirant

Website management interface indicated F/W 6.7.4 was available.  I don't recall exactly, but were were moderately behind that version - 6.6x I believe.  I updated the F/W, and after restart, I can no longer access the management interface via the web interface.  Closing browsers completely, I'm prompted for the admin login, then a bar simply paints status across the screen (progress bar), ultimately ending with:

ReadyNAS Admin Page is Offline, offering suggestions that maybe it's not powered on, too busy, still booting . . .It's been two hours.

I'm wondering ahead of time that if this F/W has such a bug, how am I going to be able to apply F/W that has a fix, if I cannot even get to the unit to manage it?

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 2 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nativevml,

Does the raidar still detect the NAS on the network? If it does then there is a way to download the logs, from the logs we can verify what may have cause this behavior of he NAS. 

I will send a PM for the logs.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Marty 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nativevml,

I will send a PM.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Marty 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
nativevml
Aspirant

Hi Marty,

Thanks, Yes Raidar still detects the device and runs diagnostics as well as downloading the logs,

I have replied to you PM.

Thanks again 

Message 5 of 8
JoesCat
Aspirant

Hi Marty,

Mine also is "on the network", and the shared folders are still accessible.  It's only the management page that stalls and doesn't display.  If you'd advise how to access the logs I'll post them to you for further diagnosis.  

Hopefully, a new firmware release addresses this issue, or there is another fix I can implement.  I have some share permissions to change, and thought it best to update the firmware (via an advisement I received in email), unwittingly locking myself out of the admin page in the process.

Message 6 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nativevml/JoesCat,

To be on the safe side since both you have access to the shares, I would recommend backup the data specially the one's you used for production. Please check if you NAS's are still under phone support warranty since the concern might require back end access to the NAS for a fix.

Regards,

Marty 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
nativevml
Aspirant

@Marty_M wrote:

Hello nativevml/JoesCat,

To be on the safe side since both you have access to the shares, I would recommend backup the data specially the one's you used for production. Please check if you NAS's are still under phone support warranty since the concern might require back end access to the NAS for a fix.

Regards,

Marty 
NETGEAR Community Team

DUDE!!! I did the https://x.x.x.x/fwbroker and it worked!!!! thank you Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements