× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN21200 Performance page incomplete

davidr1
Luminary

RN21200 Performance page incomplete

I have a new (2 weeks) RN212 which has been working fine.

Now the System>Performance is only displaying Status - nothing else.

Have tried rebooting, shutting down - no change.status-page.png

Any help please?

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN21200 Performance page incomplete

@davidr1 wrote:

may I ask ... why Volume, Network, Utilization and Temperature can not be displayed? 

Netgear chose not to create any of the graphs on the ARM based NAS in order to maximize CPU.

That makes sense on the RN1xx, which has the slowest CPU and smallest memory.  I'm not convinced they can't show them on the RN2xx series, but they've chosen not to do that from the beginning.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@davidr1

RN212 is arm platform (100 and 200 Series), only support display status in perormance page.

x86 platform support display all (Volume, Network, Utilization and Temperature)

Message 2 of 5
davidr1
Luminary

thanks evan2.

may I ask ... why Volume, Network, Utilization and Temperature can not be displayed?

Maybe the ARM chip doesn't support temperature sensors but the other info I would have thought was OS6?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@davidr1 wrote:

Netgear chose not to create any of the graphs on the ARM based NAS in order to maximize CPU.

That makes sense on the RN1xx, which has the slowest CPU and smallest memory.  I'm not convinced they can't show them on the RN2xx series, but they've chosen not to do that from the beginning.  

Message 4 of 5
davidr1
Luminary

Thanks StepheB.

One advantage of the RN2xx is that it remembers its last on/off state if there is a power failure.

I'll call it a 'swap' - one pro and one con. 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements